As parents, you are integral to the success of LYS. In LYS’ mission to create a positive growth experience for our kids, none of it happens without positive support and encouragement from the parents.
- Provide transportation to and from all practices and games. Respect your coach’s time: be punctual in arrival and pickup of your player.
- When possible, stay and watch practices as well as games.
- Lend players your support in a positive manner.
- Do not point out your child’s mistakes or criticize.
- Leave practice, team, and player management to the coach.
- “No Verbs” from the sidelines
- Support your child’s efforts as well as their accomplishments.
- If your player is in second grade or younger and you are unable to attend the practice or game, you must find another parent to be responsible for them. Do not expect coaches to be responsible for your child when managing the entire team. Let your coach know if your players are going home with someone else.
- Offer to help coaches put up nets and wrangle gear.
- Read and respond to coach emails.
- Mark availability for games as asked by your coach and communicate with your coach about games your player will miss.
- Help ensure your player brings equipment to and from all soccer games and practices. Be sure to identify equipment with a pen or permanent marker.
- Be available to kick the ball around with your child.
- Treat all coaches, players, parents, referees, and other members of the LYS community with respect.
- Allow your child to be a child! Don’t treat youth soccer like The World Cup.