LYS Coaching Agreement/Pledge/Rules
I agree that:
1. I understand that I am responsible for any and all actions of my players, fellow coaches, and families.
2. I understand and will abide by the OYSA and LYS Rules.
3. I will not allow any players to play games with my team unless they are listed on our game roster and properly registered with our club and OYSA.
4. I will have all Player Medical Release forms (filled out each year) available at all practices and games.
5. I will adhere to the Coaches’ Code of Conduct (Coaches’ Pledge). This pledge will govern my actions and behavior at all practices and games in which my team participates.
6. I have taken the Safe Sports and concussion education certification that is required by OYSA and LYS.
Lincoln Youth Soccer appreciates the time youth coaches take to provide a positive experience for the youth in our community. LYS considers coaching a privilege with responsibility. The following pledge outlines what is expected of all coaches:
Red card given to a coach
Any coach that is given a red card at a game will be suspended from attending a set number of games as defined by the rules of OYSA. All red cards will be reviewed by the LYS board and leadership for potential further disciplinary action. If OYSA charges LYS a fine for the red card, the coach who received the red card will be expected to pay the fine.
All registered adults must complete the SafeSport training. All OYSA registered adults are considered mandatory reporters. The legislation is available for download HERE. The U.S. Center for SafeSport has released a fact sheet about the legislation, which can be found HERE
The mechanism for reporting of physical or sexual abuse: Everyone listed below MUST be contacted when physical or sexual abuse is suspected
If a coach is suspected of being abusive (verbal, mental, emotional), they will be reviewed by the LYS board and leadership for suspension or disciplinary action.
Positive Coach Alliance
We encourage coaches to use the Positive Coaching Alliance as a resource in their personal coaching development plan. The Positive Coaching Alliance is an OYSA partner and provides top notch courses, materials and education: Positive Coaching Alliance