Thank you for attending the Beaverton Planning Commission Meeting on the
West Sylvan Field Improvement Project this Wednesday March 11th at 6:30 pm
at Beaverton City Hall.
Plan on arriving at City Hall before the scheduled start to the hearing to
sign up to give public testimony. However, if you are concerned that you
won’t get there in time I could sign you up if you let me know what time
you can be there by. You can always text me that evening.
City of Beaverton provides this information regarding participation
and preparing for a public meeting:
We suggests sticking to these main *Points in Support*:
o Increased quality of life in the neighborhood
o Improving an existing community asset / home value benefit
o Lower environmental impact
· Shorter travel distances for students
· No fertilizer and pesticide use on turf field
· No dragging field and dust generation.
o PPS-managed field scheduling and monitoring of activities
· Community Use of Buildings program (CUB) is the single point of
reference for all scheduling of PPS facilities – fields are not
· West Sylvan MS principal monitors site use and will monitor schedule
o Better school experience for the WSMS students
· Safe playing space for recess
· Wintertime outdoor activities/reliable outdoor space available
Note that parking in the area is very limited and that posted time limits
are enforced, including during evening hours, for the neighboring surface
lot. There is a small amount of street parking and there is a pay lot under
When you arrive, there should be a place to sign up to provide testimony.
The typical outline of the hearing is as follows – it is expected to go
late into the evening:
1. City staff gives their report
2. Applicant testimony
3. Testimony by organized groups such as NACs or other government
4. Testimony by individuals
5. Applicant’s rebuttal of testimony
6. Final comments by city staff
7. Deliberation by the ruling body
8. Decision to approve (with or without conditions), deny, or continue
This is the link has all of the written information on the project,
including the staff report:
I have attached the meeting notice that was mailed to neighborhood
residents for reference.
Thanks again for supporting this project!